Tuesday, December 30, 2008

***Wedding Bells for Joanna?***

I suppose the biggest news for our family is Joanna's wedding plans! The date is set for March 14, 2009, here in Las Vegas.

Here are the details as I know them. (Remember, I got this information from Joanna, who is not exactly famous for her communication skills.)

The lucky groom is Shayler White. He is 28 years old and is originally from the Denver area. He served a mission in Brazil (or somewhere like that, according to Joanna) and graduated from UNLV with his master's degree in Communications. He is currently teaching part time at a small college in the SLC area and is general manager of a Honey Baked Ham store.

Joanna met him sometime last summer at a Young Adult lake trip of some sort. They were "friends" for a while, but at some point things changed. The rest, they say, is history.

Nobody in the family has met Shayler yet, except for perhaps Jeanette and Jeff, who I hear had a double date with them (any thoughts, Jeanette? Joanna's rapturous descriptions might be a bit biased). I must admit that I had the opportunity to meet him, but I missed it. Several months ago, Joanna hitched a ride to Vegas with him and his grandmother, but Joanna insisted that he was just a good friend. Not knowing that he was a "contender," I didn't bother getting dressed or even putting on a robe to meet him the early Sunday morning he picked her up for the ride home. So I missed my big chance. Hopefully another opportunity will come along before March 14. (Just kidding; Joanna and Shayler are supposed to come here in a few weeks.) More info will be posted as soon as I get some!

It's been a while since I was involved with planning a wedding, so if anybody has any helpful hints and discount web sites, be sure to send them my way!

1 comment:

  1. We haven't quite had the chance to meet him yet...but we're going to on Saturday night! And I'll be giving Joanna plenty of helpful ideas as far as wedding stuff goes :) I did just recently go through it all!

    ReplyDelete