Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Holiday Fun

We had the best holiday season ever, with lots of family and plenty of good eats (too bad that part stays with you for a while).

For Thanksgiving, we decided to "break in" our new house and have Thanksgiving dinner here with as many people as could make it: Dad (Grandpa) and Gina; LR, Rhonda, and Angela (from Arizona); Loren, Carolyn, Bradley, Jocelyn, and Caleb (from Salt Lake City); Joanna (also from the SLC area), Jill, Jared, Jacob and Kadence (also now from Arizona, although they didn't stay at our house this time); and of course Jenny joined us for the day and Jimmy was here, too. Both Jenny and Jimmy had to work early on "Black Friday" so the partying didn't last into the night, at least for them! Sadly, I don't have pictures of our celebrations. I have mislaid my camera, but I'm sure it will show up eventually. It's like that when you move. I should know!
These are the only pictures I got from that weekend.




Joanna doing the "why are my feet so heavy" thing with Bradley, Jacob, and Kadence in the kitchen with Grandpa in the background.














Joanna playing with Kadence.







All of my kids were here for Christmas, which was wonderful. Grandpa and Gina were supposed to come, too, but sadly he came down with a cold and couldn't make it. He's supposed to come this weekend for a day or two, at least to pick up all of the See's Candy I got for him to hand out to all of his lady friends. Don't get too excited; they're his business contacts at the courthouse and various places like that (at least that's what he says).

I also didn't get many pictures from Christmas (same excuse as before), but Jimmy got a new camera for Christmas, so I have a few from his camera. Here they are:


Our Christmas tradition of frosting sugar cookies (Jill made the cookies and brought them here for decorating fun).




Jenny with her award-winning, self-portrait cookie (I was the cookie judge, naturally).

All in all, it was a wonderful Christmas season, and I am so very grateful for all of the friends and family that bless my life every day. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment