Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sad News



Just wanted to let everyone know that Jean Ann Smith, our cousin Ron's wife, died on Sunday.


We visited Ron and Jean Ann at their home in Oregon after our Smith Family Reunion, I think around 1998, and they were so kind and welcoming. They fed us dinner and then Jean Ann took us to see her horses. They had a new colt, and it was fun for everyone to see it. Jean Ann helped everyone take a ride on one of the horses and we had a great time. I am going to FIND the pictures we took that day and post them here!


Jenny and Joanna became friends with two of their daughters and they kept in touch for a few years.


I was so touched by Ron's words on his Caring Bridge web site. Just last Friday they were still hoping for a miracle. Then Ron posted these words on Sunday morning:


It appears that Jean Ann is entering her final stages. She is in much pain tonight and is ready to go to Heaven. In between spells of delirium, she and I talked about Heaven and prayed for God to take her or heal her. We realize that either one is a wonderful thing.


Then there was this post on Sunday afternoon:


Today Jean Ann passed on to be with the Lord at 1:49pm. Our prayers were answered. It was nice that she was alert enough for a fleeting time to recognise us and exchange "I love you"s. My prayer was answered that God would take her quickly if that was His will. All seven children were here and amazingly the care nurse just happened to be here when we all were surprised that she went so fast. We praise God for his loving kindness!


I have always admired Ron for his strong and valiant faith in Jesus Christ. Again I have to say that although we don't share a religion, we do share a faith, and I'm thankful that I know him and his family.


Here is his Caring Bridge web site, if you want to read the posts and leave a few words of love for them.



Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment