Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Prayers Needed

Your thoughts and prayers are needed for our dear cousin, Ron Smith, and most especially his wife, Jean Ann.

Ron is the son of Grandpa's brother, Uncle Frank. Ron's mother, Aunt Roxie, died last year (I used to fondly refer to them as "Uncle Rank and Aunt Foxie").

Jean Ann was rediagnosed with Melanoma last November. She had a cancerous mole removed from her foot in 2001, and they said the cancer was all gone. They found out that it had returned just after last Thanksgiving, and they have been in the battle of their lives since.

Ron has always been a very dear cousin of mine. I guess you could say that his family doesn't share my religion, but they do share my faith. We have had many religious discussions and it has always impressed me how much we have in common with others who share our great faith in Jesus Christ.

Please include Ron and Jean Ann in your prayers, and if you get a minute, visit his web site and leave a few words of love and encouragement. It means a lot to them.

Here is their web site:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jeanannsmith

Closing with one of my favorite scriptures:

All things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name's glory, saith the Lord. -- D&C 98:3

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete